Total Pageviews

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Review

Tuesday 11 March 2014

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer


If you follow my blog you will know I don't have perfect skin. Having PCOS I am prone to the occasional acne flare-up and I keep to a strict cleansing, toning and moisturising routine (Premae's Immaculate Collection) morning and evening to try and keep the oil build-up at bay and prevent those yucky little white pimples from rearing their ugly heads! So, as I don't have the best skin I am constantly searching for products to give me the effect of perfect skin. 

Before being diagnosed with PCOS I hadn't been so particular about what I put on my face, although I've always had quite wide pores on my cheeks and I had oily skin to battle with, I never sought the aid of a primer to help the finish or longevity of foundation as I never wore it! It's only since the acne flare-up's in the last couple of years and the subsequent scarring that I have been on the look out for that little bit of extra help. 

For the last year or so I have been using Mac Prep+Prime Skin. Its a more of a fluid primer that aids the lay down of your foundation and powder by calming and soothing the skin, thus evening out skin redness. I enjoy using this primer, it's very easy to apply, it really does help my foundation to blend and it causes no irritation to my skin whatsoever. As much as I love it, it does nothing in the way of disguising the large pores on my cheeks. 

A couple of weeks ago, after searching the internet for alternative primers I came across Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. Now I know it's been out there for a while, I had seen it in department stores and online myself but as I said I am new-ish to primers and had never really been on a quest for one as I am now. Reading the reviews I was so excited to order it! Girls were referring to it as "Polyfiller for your face" a "Cult classic for a reason" and that they just couldn't live without it. I've found it, I've found what I've been searching for I thought and quickly added it to my basket and checked-out. The next couple of days were torture waiting for it to arrive in the post! I dreamt me and this "Polyfiller" primer would have a whirlwind affair, pore-less and totally flawless. I imagined sitting at my desk at work on Monday morning looking completely flawless even under the harsh artificial lighting. You can imagine my disappointment when this is not what I achieved....

The primer itself is easy and smooth to apply to the skin, it has a silicone feel like my Mac Prep+Prime. My foundation blended well over the top of it, there really was no trace of the primer being on. I can't say that it aided the longevity of my foundation nor did it keep me oil-free, after 4-5 hours I still needed to blot my face, the same as any other day. Unfortunately it did not give me a flawless look, nor was it Polyfiller to my lines or pores...instead after 2 days of using it I had an awful flare-up of nasty, sore spots over my chin and jawline. So into the drawer this primer goes....

I'm not giving this primer a bad review as you can quite clearly see from the tons of reviews it is a "Cult classic for a reason"...lots of girls love it. So while the dream of a whirlwind affair may have frazzled my quest for perfection continues....

Jodie 
xoxo









No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric