Total Pageviews

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

Friday 11 April 2014



Another MAC plunge I've taken this week is the Pro Longwear concealer (NC15). At the moment I am currently using Studio Fix Fluid foundation (NC15) and the Studio concealer (NC15). Whilst the foundation is almost perfect the Studio concealer, in my opinion, is rubbish! The colour is nearly a perfect match but it is a cream concealer and I find it sits in the creases of my eyes and is a bit of work to blend. So, I thought I would give the Pro Longwear concealer a go after reading so many glowing reviews.

Now, if you read my blog you would know that I live around 50 miles aways from the nearest MAC counter, I rely solely on other blogs and google images to match my colours up. I did have a chat with a MAC artist online for the colour match on this concealer and I will say it is a pretty good match.

(L) Studio NC15 (R) Pro Longwear NC15

As you can see the Studio concealer on the left appears to be more warm toned than the Pro Longwear, ironic really as all NC shades are supposed to be cool toned, but when it comes to concealers under my eyes I like something with a bit more warmth.

I really wish I could say that I love the Pro Longwear concealer, maybe we just need a bit more bonding time together. The concealer comes in a glass bottle so be weary of it rattling around in your make-up bag, it also comes with a pump which dispenses way too much of the product each time you use it, very wasteful and hard to control. The formula is fluid, which is not unpleasant but I do find I need to layer it up a little. As for the claims that it lasts for up to 15 hours...not for me it doesn't! It makes my eyes look a bit dry and crepey, I look more tired with the concealer on! 

For now I can't say I'm a fan, but maybe we will learn to love each other...

Jodie
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric