Total Pageviews

Benefit Fake Up Concealer Review and Swatches - Light

Sunday 28 September 2014


My latest purchase in the quest of covering and hydrating my tired under-eye's is Benefit's Fake up Concealer in the shade Light. My regular concealer is Clinique's All About Eyes Concealer which has always been fine but just lately I've been finding it leaves my eyes a little dry and more tired looking (this concealer doubles up as a great blemish concealer too!) than before so I decided to jump in and purchase Fake Up for it's moisturizing purposes.

So as you might have guessed the moisturizing part of the concealer stick is on the outer with the concealer itself in the centre. Benefit say to apply to the under eye with light strokes and then blend into the eye area but I found it tugged a little at my under eye skin so I like to run the stick over the back of my hand to warm the product up and then apply with my ring finger.
The colour is perfect for me, so much so I can use it on blemishes on my face, as it's so moisturizing it doesn't highlight those dry blemishes at all. I do find that this concealer is a little too moisturizing to wear alone, you would need a dusting of powder to set however I like to use this as a moisturizing base and my Clinique All About Eye's concealer over the top. If you are looking for a moisturizing concealer then this is great, if you are looking for more coverage then not so great. The formula does live up to the hype of not settling into the creases of your eye or giving a cakey finish. 

I'm enjoying using this as a base for my Clinique concealer however using two concealers because they're ok in their own right is not really cost effective and I probably wouldn't repurchase wither. So the quest for the perfect concealer continues... 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric