Total Pageviews

Trial- Sized Tuesday's - Laura Mercier Foundation Primer

Wednesday 24 September 2014


A couple of weeks ago I did a post on the fabulous Glamour Beauty Power List Box from Latest In Beauty and one of the products in it (one of the reasons I purchased it) was Laura Mercier's Foundation Primer (30ml). I know that Laura Mercier's primer, among a few other of her products, have achieved cult status in the beauty world so I really couldn't wait to get my hands on it and give it a go! 
This primer is a gel consistency that absorbs into skin really well, not leaving an oil slick on the skin (which is a god send for me with my oily/combination skin!). One thing I like about this primer is that fact that it is undetectable under your make-up and it smells really fresh, kind of like baby wipes! The gel contains vitamins A, C and E which are said to shield skin from environmental damages that can age skin. Because of it's gel-like consistency I have found the advice of keeping it in the fridge great as it makes it more refreshing to apply in the morning and reduces any puffiness.
I've been using this primer since Monday and can honestly say I'm really enjoying it. I wouldn't say it completely changes the finish of my foundation (MAC Studio Fix Fluid) but it does give me a little more of a dewy finish when worn underneath. I can't say it aids the longevity of my base any more than my regular primer (MAC Prep+Prime Skin) but it certainly doesn't shorten it. 
As this sample from the Glamour Beauty Power List Box is 30ml (the same volume as most other primers) it will last a good amount of time, making that box well worth the £15.99 I paid for it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric