Total Pageviews

July Empties

Sunday 2 August 2015



Um where the hell did July go? Seeing July through is always an exciting one for me as birthday is at the beginning of August which mostly means new makeup! Last months empties were mostly the everyday essentials, how often do us beauty junkies actually finish a makeup product?!

Lets begin with a new favourite, Kèrastase Cristalliste Lait Luminous Perfecting Conditioner. This was actually a decent sized sample from My Little Box, I hadn't really heard of this conditioner before so it sat in my bathroom for a while but once I had tried it and saw what it did to my hair I was hooked! This conditioner is designed to be used on the mid lengths and ends of long hair, it helps detangle and leave your hair feeling light yet nourished. I have gone on to purchase the full size product as my hair can't be without it now!

Nivea In Shower Moisturiser is a product that I really love the concept of more than the product itself. I initially bought this moisturiser in the winter to save me having to stand cold and wet in the bathroom applying moisturiser after my shower, it didn't provide enough moisture for my dry skin at that point so I thought I'd put it aside for the warmer weather, alas even though I wear lighter moisturising lotions at this time of the year it still does not provide any decent level of moisture to my skin. This is one I shan't be repurchasing.

Aussie Miracle Shine Shampoo has been my go-to shampoo for the last few years, it leaves my hair glossy and smelling great. I use a couple of different conditioners throughout the week but my hair washing routine will always start with this product and I always have a couple of spare bottle in my bathroom cabinet.

Unfortunately Maybelline Baby Lips  are another product that I love the idea of more than the product. Sure they're affordable and they come in a wide variety of shades and designs but they just don't moisturise my lips! Lip balm is one of those products I rarely like to skimp on as you can really notice the difference to the moisture levels in your lips and you then have to spend a week getting rid of flakiness and rehydrate them. This is another product I won't be repurchasing. 

From a bad lip balm to a great one with Clarins HydraQuench Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm. This is only a tiny 3ml sample but you need so little of the product it lasted and lasted, I applied before bed and my lips were always soft and smooth by morning meaning I need not worry about prepping for any type of lipstick, even matte shades. This is one i will be purchasing in the near future.

Soap and Glory Scrub Of Your Life was from a Christmas gift set, I have a regular favourite body exfoliator but I thought I'd give this a shot. I haven't used a Soap and Glory exfoliator in a couple of years, I used to love Breakfast scrub, not only did it smell divine but it did an amazing job of leaving your skin glowing, unfortunately Scrub of Your Life doesn't compare, it's more like a shower gel with a few exfoliating beads in it. 

I'm on about my third of fourth jar of Benefit's It's Potent eye cream, I love everything from the cute packaging down to the sparkle it gives back to my eye area. This will be a regular repurchase.

Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream is a product I've heard so many people rave about, I've been using it for a couple of months and have to admit can't really see any visible improvement to my skin. I dispensed the contents of the jar in to a pump bottle (germ phobe!) and I still have a couple of weeks worth yet, I'm on the fence about repurchasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric