Total Pageviews

Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Èclat Foundation Review

Monday 14 July 2014



I must warn you before you carry on reading that I have included photos of me before applying the foundation and it is not a pretty sight!


After falling in love with the iconic Touche Eclat highlighter from Yves Saint Laurent I have been mulling over purchasing their Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation and last week I coughed up the cash and purchased it. 


Yves Saint Laurent have transposed the magic of their legendary highlighter into this foundation to achieve the same effects of their highlighter only all over your face! The unique formula of this foundation targets shadowy areas and enhances the complexion with light.

Left - bare skin
Right - 1 layer of YSL Foundation

Left - bare skin
Right - 1 layer of YSL Foundation

Without foundation my skin is pretty yucky at the moment, I had a bad breakout a couple of weeks ago which has left me with some acne scarring and as you can see I have some broken capillaries around my nose. I'm naturally quite pale and use fake tan regularly (except for my face when I'm having a bad breakout) and the shade BD20 matched my body perfectly. I was quite concerned when I initially squeezed a pump of the foundation out as is is quite runny, however as you can see one layer covered my face quite well!



This was the finished result, I did go back over my most troublesome areas (my jawline) with a second layer of foundation and then applied some concealer to the most prominent spots and the results are quite flawless! This foundation really does what it says on the tin, it gives a dewy finish without looking sticky or shiny.


After around 6 hours of wear I was getting a bit shiny on my t-zone so next time I use it I'm going to try it with a mattifying primer and maybe a light dusting of powder (I have oily/combination skin so I get oily even with the most matte foundations). For shade reference BD20 is an exact match for the NC15 shade I wear in MAC's Studio Fix Fluid. I tried applying with a flat foundation brush (as most reviews said worked best) and my RT Expert Face brush but I found applying it with my Beauty Blender gave the most airbrushed results.

I would highly recommend this foundation to anyone that is looking for something illuminating to perk up a dull complexion...this really is an all-over highlighter for the face!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric