Total Pageviews

August's Birchbox - Contents And Review

Friday 15 August 2014


This month's Birchbox contains a selection of products with the thought of getaway's in mind.  The products selected are some great travel essentials including a leave-in conditioner, perfect for sun damaged hair and a mineral-infused exfoliator to help you brighten and prolong that tan. So lets take a closer look at my box's contents...


Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator  is an aloe-infused exfoliator that targets clogged pores and any dry, flaky skin. Suitable for even sensitive skin due to the tiny exfoliating crystals and creamy texture this face scrub is guaranteed to leave you with glowing skin. The sample was a generous size, I can see I will get a good 3-4 uses from it. I really enjoyed using this product, I'm not convinced enough to purchase the full size as I currently use a cheaper but equally as good product, but it's definitely a nice treat for the skin.
Numer 4 Lumiere d'Hiver Comb Prep & Protect has got to be my favourite product from this month's box. Not only does it smell absolutely gorgeous but it left my hair so soft after using it last night. I have naturally curly hair which at times can be a little course without the right products and this product really de-tangled my hair tamed my frizziness. Another reason it gets a big thumbs up from me is that it's 100% paraben-free and sulphate-free meaning that it's genuinely conditioning your hair and not just sealing the shaft with silicones giving the appearance of glossier hair. I definitely will go on to purchase the full-size product.
The product that I was most looking forward to trying but actually turned out to be, in my opinion, the worst product in the box was Supergoop Daily Correct CC Cream. The sample sizes were ok, enough to get 2-3 uses, but the product itself was very disappointing. First thing I noticed when squeezing it out of the tube was the colour, for a CC cream that is supposed to be for fair/medium skin tones it has incredibly red undertones. At the moment I wear NC20 and this was far too dark and red for even my tanned skin. Secondly the texture was horrible. This product is described as lightweight and velvety but I have to say it felt heavy and greasy on my skin. Big thumbs down from me on this one!
Dead Sea Spa Magik Refreshing Shower Gel  in my first initial opinion is a bit meh. Sure a shower gel of some form is a travel essential but I would have preferred something a bit more luxurious and fragrant...something to take you back to that place you holidayed when you use it! This multipurpose product can either be poured in to a running bath or used lathered in the shower and with it's pure minerals from the Dead Sea it's guaranteed to be good for your skin.
Another product I was looking forward to trying but a bit bummed out because if the shade I received was the Wild About Beauty Powder Eyeshadow. I received shade 01 Paradise, a highly-pigmented gold eyeshadow. I find it a little hard to get excited about this product purely due to the colour I received however the packaging is beautiful and there are a great selection of wearable colours in the line so I may purchase I shade I like to road test it properly.


The lifestyle extra is this months box was a chapter from a romantic novel titled The Proposal by Tasmina Perry. When I have a little spare time I may have a quick flick through it, however romances aren't really my thang!

A bit of a meh box this month in my opinion. As much as I've enjoyed using the prep & protect spray and exfoliator I really could have done without all of the products I received and probably would have liked to have seen some more beauty products or fragrances.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric