Total Pageviews

Bobbi Brown Brightening Brick | Pastel Peach Review

Friday 10 April 2015



I have a real love for Bobbi Brown products but when she released her Brightening Bricks I convinced myself for weeks that I had no need to purchase one as I have the majority of her blushers. After reading many posts and seeing swatches I caved a bought the only shade that really caught my eye - Pastel Peach.

Bobbi's Brightening Brick's offer 'your go-to product for a lit-from-within glow, combines the warmth of a bronzer and the soft flush of a blusher with a gorgeous, subtle glow'. First off I was surprised how light it was in person compared to the website picture...
Picture courtesy of bobbibrown.co.uk

You can see there is more depth to each of the shades in the brick on the website photo compared to my own. I thought to myself that's ok, I'm pale (at my most colourful NC15) it will still offer enough pigmentation. It doesn't. Don't get me wrong I love the finish on my cheeks of all of the shades blended together but I do have to reach in to the pan with my brush about 5 or 6 times per cheek to get a decent amount of colour on my face.

I own Bobbi Brown's mono blusher 'Pastel Peach' and I really feel the Brightening Brick doesn't offer me anything I couldn't have achieved wearing said blusher with a powder highlighter over the top. I haven't tried the other shades in the line so I can't comment on those but if your any darker toned than me then (and this pains me to say) I would give this a miss.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric