Total Pageviews

Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencils | Swatch & Review

Tuesday 7 April 2015


Admittedly a little late to the party with the Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencils (phew try spitting that out after a glass or two!) but I have a good excuse... There has been very little on the hightstreet in the last year or so that has really caught my attention but when I heard people were comparing these pencils to the famous NARS lip pencils I had to snap a couple up! The two which grabbed my attention the most were 'Light It Up' and 'Keep It Classy' both of which are gorgeous not only in tone but texture also.

L Keep It Classy
R Light It Up


My favourite of the two without a doubt is 'Keep It Classy' as it's a gorgeous Kylie Jenner red toned plum shade that is so me. 'Light It Up' is a vivid red which I was expecting to lean more on the orange side however on it rings as a true red.

The formula of these little pencils is incredible, they apply smoothly and at first have a slight sheen to them which after a few minutes disappears and leaves you with velvety smooth matte lips. I know these pencils were marketed as a lipstick with the added benefit of being able to use as a liner, I personally can't use them as a liner unless freshly sharpened but the is not an issue for £4.99 a piece. I'm really hoping Maybelline release some further shades to the line as these pencils could give their more high-end rivals a run for their money.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric