Total Pageviews

Max Factor Colour Elixir Giant Pen Stick | Subtle Coral

Friday 3 April 2015




I probably didn't need to make another addition to my already ridiculously large lipstick collection however when I hear that magical word 'coral' I have to purchase it, no matter what it is or how much it may set me back. When in boots the other week browsing the aisles I was drawn to the Max Factor stand for two reasons, their new Creme Puff Blushers and this chubby stick style lipstick.

So what's the Colour Elixir Giant Pen Stick all about? Max Factor describe them as 'all the colour without the sticky opaqueness of a traditional lipstick. The formula is water based and penetrates the top layers of the lips to create non-transferable layers of colour with depth and intensity'. Firstly I wouldn't describe the finish intense or pigmented but more like something between a tinted balm and a solid gloss. My lips are naturally quite rosy coloured so I didn't benefit from this shade as much as I imagine others would.


Looking at the product itself it does look coral, the peache tones are obvious however as you can see it looks pink on my lips. The colour isn't a disappointment though, I have found this is one of those products which is great to apply on the go as it's not so pigmented you don't feel the need to apply in front of a mirror. Would I repurchase? Probably not. When thinking of a hydrating lip product that delivers intense colour through a pen style stick I much prefer my Chubby Sticks from Clinique.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric