Total Pageviews

A Drugstore Glycolic Peel To Rival A Premium Brand...

Sunday 14 December 2014



Ever since I purchased Dr LeWinn's Skin Renewal Overnight Exfoliator rrp £36 a few months ago and rapidly saw the results of an overnight Glycolic Peel my eyes make a b-line for any products containing that magical ingredient when ever I'm in Superdrug or Boots or even browsing online and I think I may have found my biggest ever drugstore dupe ever!
Superdrug's Naturally Radiant line is something I've admittedly overlooked every time I've shopped there but when out with my sister last week she picked up her regular moisturiser and sat next to it was their own Glycolic Overnight Peel rrp £5.99 which I scooped up for a mere £2.98. When I got home and compared my Dr LeWinn's to Superdrug's I was astounded to find they both contain (give or take a couple of ingredients) the same stuff!
So what is an Overnight Glycolic Peel? It's designed to give skin a smoother texture and a more even tone, helping to battle wrinkles and fade acne scars over time. You simply smooth the product onto skin after cleansing in the evening and apply your regular serum/moisturiser over the top. Both products promise to deliver the same results and after using both of them a few days apart I really couldn't tell any difference between the two, they both gave the same fabulous results.

With the two both containing the same key ingredients- Sugar Cane and Sugar Maple to gently exfoliate and resurface skin and Orange and Lemon extract to exfoliate and purify skin this hughstreet dupe really rivals Dr Lewinn's premium version. Superdrug's Naturally Radiant version has a few ingredients (Kiwi and Mulberry to brighten skin) that Dr LeWinn's doesn't contain and visa versa (Witch Hazel to clarify skin and Vitamin A to rejuvenate) but essentially these two products contain the same refining Glycolic Acid and Fruit acids.

So if you're looking for a completely purse-friendly Glycolic Peel I would definitely recommend Superdug's own brand. I know I won't be paying £36 next time round!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric