Total Pageviews

La Roche-Posay 4 Week Trial Results and Product Reviews

Monday 29 December 2014


With suffering from acne prone skin (primarily on my chin and jawline thanks to PCOS) and hearing loads of rave reviews on La Roche-Posay's products I decided to give their range a shot and after 4 weeks of use I feel confident in giving a review on what I have tried.



A foaming gel cleanser that's tested on blemish prone skin and is designed to gently purify skin and eliminate impurities and excess oil. You can't knock the amount of product that you get for your money and the cleanser itself is nice, it foams well and leaves skin feeling clean and not at all tight as some cleansers for oily skin do.



Another product in their range designed for blemish prone skin and comes highly recommended by thousands of dermatologists to help reduce excess oil levels and unblock pores. I like the cooling effect of this toner after cleansing and it does leave my skin feeling squeaky clean without drying it out and again the amount of product you get for your money is undeniably good value.



I have a bit of a soft spot for exfoliators and with this one promising effective results with its soap-free and alcohol-free formula I couldn't resist adding it to my routine. Firstly this scrub smells lovely, kind of a mix between baby wipes and a floral smell which is a pleasure to use however it doesn't do much on the exfoliating front. It's more like a cleanser with a few exfoliating beads in it which leaves you feeling like you need to use more. For the mere 50ml for the price and the amount you need to use I wouldn't purchase again, I have exfoliators in my bathroom cabinet that deliver better results for half the price.



Suffering from at times large cyst type spots on my jawline I like to apply something intensive to said spot before bed to try and get some of the inflammation down by morning and La Roche-Posay's appealed to me as it claimed to be wearable under make-up and intensely purge imperfections. Let me start by saying however little of this product you use you will not be able to apply make-up over the top, it has a bitty texture to it when it's dried that makes it totally obvious you have something under your make-up. I tried using it only at night after cleansing and toning and it does nothing for getting down spots. If you suffer from large spots like I do then I highly recommend Clinique's Anti-Blemish Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel to get angry spots down without drying them out.



I love the texture of this cream, it feels smooth to apply, however my skin does not like this product. This cream promises to unblock pores, fight off shine and fight against the appearance of marks and scars and I can honestly say my skin texture has got worse after a month of using it. It's recommended you apply to the whole face morning and night but I had to stop wearing it in the day as it was stripping my skin of moisture and left me with dry patches, something I've never experienced before with having oily skin.

I know when it comes to a new skincare routine you have to be patient to see the results you want but after a month of using this range my skin is getting worse and I'm having the worst break-outs I've had all year...when I get spots on my forehead you know there is something seriously wrong. 

I had high hopes for these products but they just don't work for me. Do you use La Roche-Posay products? What are your experiences with them?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric