Total Pageviews

Dr Jart+ Pore Refine Recover Primer Review

Wednesday 10 December 2014

Over the last few days I have been testing out a primer which I received in my November BirchboxDr Jart+ Pore Refine Recover Primer. With the promise of helping to disguise pores with Witch Hazel extract and regulate oiliness I couldn't wait to give this primer a shot. So what's in it? Well there's a little something called Hyaluronic Acid which improves moisture levels in the skin and a Dr Jart's 'Art Skin Film' which helps cover fine lines and wrinkles to create a smooth base for your makeup. As well as creating a smooth base the primer also helps calm and soothe red and irritated skin with Sage and Rosemary extract.

I was a little concerned that this primer would give me a flat matte base as it states it helps with keeping oiliness at bay, however my skin had just the right amount of dewiness to it without getting that glaring oiliness to my nose and forehead after a few hours of wear like I do with some other primers. The formula isn't what I expected, it's quite a thick gel like consistency that I found need a little more attention when smoothing on to skin, but when my foundation went on top the finish is quite lovely. Although it has all the skin loving ingredients in it it's practically odourless and colourless, giving it more of a feel of using skincare rather than makeup.

All in all I really like this primer, it kept my makeup in place for a good 10 hours and it feels weightless to wear. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric