Total Pageviews

March Empties

Monday 30 March 2015


It's been a while since I did an 'empties' post, primarily because I completely forget to stash away those empty vessels and they end up in the bin but this month I have made a conscious effort to put aside those empty products. So I'm going to run through my empties and whether they will be repurchased or already have...


I always have a couple of tubes/bottles of hand cream on my bedside table as the last part of my bedtime beauty routine involves slathering my hands in moisturiser before bed. This cheap and cheerful hand cream from Yves Rocher smells divine and although I don't have over dry hands unfortunately it does very little for me on the moisturising front so this one won't be a repurchase.

B. Pure Micellar Water | £4.99 150ml

I've tried a fair few micellar water's and none have stood up to this. Not only does it remove all traces of makeup but it also leaves my skin squeaky clean and smooth. I use this as part of a 'double cleanse' at night meaning I will use this prior to my cleanser and together they deliver a super deep cleanse. I have a stockpile of this micellar water, you can often pick it up for half the rrp from Superdrug.


If you read my blog regularly you will know that I have a real soft spot for Premae's products. This gel cleanser has done wonders for my skin, with it's completely natural ingredients it provides a deep cleanse whilst leaving my skin soft and nourished. This product is a regular repurchase as it's such a staple in my routine.

Lush Tea Tree Water  | £4.25 100ml

If like me you suffer from troublesome skin occasionally then you will love this toner. Containing only 6 ingredients it effectively balances oily skin and removes the last traces of your clearer whilst helping to fight your spots. I will repurchase this somewhere down the line, I've just started a toner from La Roche Possay so I will see how I get on with that one first.


I doubt I'm alone in favouriting Batiste dry shampoo, it's great for giving you one last day in between washes and giving volume to hairstyles. I've already repurchased only this time I have gone for a trio of miniatures I picked up on sale from ASOS.


This mascara is one of my favourite drugstore products. It does an amazing job of lengthening and separating lashes with a smudge and clump free formula. I definitely would repurchase this mascara, I have Lancome Hypnose open at the moment (I don't like to have more than one mascara open at any one time) but this would be top of my list for future purchases.

Lush Mask Of Magnaminty | £5.50 125ml

Lush offer a great variety of affordable yet effective skincare products and mask of magnanimity is at the top of my list for face masks. When I'm suffering from a bad break out this mask does wonders for my skin. I go through bouts of buying Lush products, unfortunately I live 30 miles away from my nearest store so I can't just pop in, I do order online when I have a largish order to put through but because they are full of fresh ingredients they only tend to last for 14 days.


This is my all-time favourite mask for break-out's, it does a quick and super effective job of clearing break-out's and reducing the size of those horrible large spots that just won't budge. The smell takes some getting used to (think garlic mayo!) due to some of the ingredients but when it does an amazing job like it does, I can live with it!


I absolutely love this eyeliner for it's precision but I do find that the formula smudges and as it's a felt tip pen style liner it dries up so quickly! This unfortunately will not be a repurchase, I much prefer a gel liner for the depth of colour.


The one pictured is a sample size from a Benefit gift set. This oil-free lotion preps skin for moisturising and leaves skin soft and dewy without looking oily and slick. I have gone on to purchase the full size product as my foundation seems to look so much better with this moisturiser worn underneath!


Again in this photo this is a sample sized product, from Birchbox I think.  I smooth this oil all over my body before getting into the shower and within seconds of the water hitting my skin the bathroom is filled with the uplifting scents of sage and frankincense. I will definitely go on to purchase the full size product.


This is another Birchbox sample, I'm on a mission to work through that huge draw full of samples I have! Whilst this exfoliator smells lovely and has fine particles to help buff dead skin away I didn't find it abrasive enough for me, I do own cheaper and more effective products. It's not the worst I've tried but its far from the best so for this reason I won't go on to purchase the full size.

Phew this month's empties has certainly been one of skincare, I find it hard to get through makeup as I have so much of it and do a weekly product rotation. Have you spotted any of your favourites here?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric